Tabs

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Whoops! Date Correction!

My cousin pointed out to me that yesterday, I posted the wrong dates for the challenge. It did indeed start on Monday. So, the official dates are:

Monday, Jan. 3, 2011 - Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011

Good grief, I hope that's right.

Anyway, people have been posting their food and workouts. It's not too late to hop on board. Why? Because you have a three day window in which to post your food/workouts. So, it's Wednesday, how can you still join? The challenge started Monday, so take Monday and Tuesday as rest days, then workout Wednesday - Sunday to get your 5 workouts in this week. Make sure that on Thursday, you do go back and record your food for Monday - Thursday though.

It's not too late!

Personally, I'm trying to NOT lose weight this week. I know that sounds whack, but I think I have to weigh in for the challenge I'm doing on Monday. I'm seriously considering eating a huge bowl of popcorn on Sunday night so I'm a little bloated and retaining water. Sounds nice doesn't it? I just figure I need to have a few pounds of cushion. The challenge I'm doing requires me to lose 10 lbs. by the end of March.

It's going to be hard. It makes me feel like whining.

So a real quick run down of my day because it's nearly midnight and I've been sitting here trying to upload stuff to Kodak Gallery to take advantage of a sale and it has taken an incredibly long time. My laptop is giving me 3rd degree burns on my legs.

Workout: HIIT 15, Stretch 10. I foolishly was excited about my workout this morning. I thought, "15 minutes? What a breeze!" Holy BLEEP. HIIT stands for high intensity interval training so it was like 15 minutes of wheezing torture. I still get a little queasy thinking about it. It was a 15 minute workout and yet my calorie burn is nearly the same as yesterday when it was a 30 minute workout. That tells me something.

Food
I haven't input my dinner to get calories yet and I likely won't. I have got to get off this computer. Here's the lowdown.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, gluten free toast, orange. Now, why would I eat three eggs? We get these awesome eggs from a farmer. Best. Eggs. Ever. Anyway, I made eggs for the boys this morning and Finn didn't eat all of his. No way could I throw out one of the Awesome Eggs. So I ate the leftovers, which I estimate to be one egg. THEN, after the boys went to school, I made my own breakfast. I was planning to go ski, so I knew I needed to eat hearty. I made another two eggs and ate the toast and orange. I was very full. And then I didn't go skiing. Ah, well.

Snack: Cashews, apple

Lunch: salad greens, fake crab, cukes, tomato, red pepper, olives, avocado, olive oil, low fat feta, lemon juice, Bragg's liquid aminos, 17 Nut-Thins crackers (that's a serving--17 crackers!--love it!)

Dinner: chicken breast and sweet potatoes in the crock pot--cooked in a "sauce" of maple syrup, chicken broth and mustard. I should have used chicken thighs. The breasts were a little dry. Dry breasts are awful.

OK, signing off. Get those workouts in and eat clean for the New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Tuesday was not a good day...

    Exercise: Nada - back was hurting

    Breakfast: Oatmeal w/cinnamon & agave
    Lunch: Salad - same as yesterday except I added some sunflower seeds
    Snack: huge fail here - 4 choc chip cookies
    Dinner: same as yesterday (I am a creature of habit, PLUS when I cook something I usually have to eat it for several days)

    Tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wed, 1/5/11
    bfast: 1 c cereal, apple with 1 Tbsp peanut butter
    Lunch: 2 frozen taquitos (gross, I know, I'm trying to get rid of them) 8 oz. V8 (to balance out the nasty taquitos)
    Snack: zone bar, diet hot choc
    Dinner: burrito bol from chipotle with chic, rice, salsa, guac and cheese. According to the burrito bol calculator, this should be 615 cals. That CANNOT be right, b/c it's an enormous amount of food. I ate half of it and I'm stuffed (it was so darn good.)So, I'm saying total cals for the day is 1430. Maybe I need to go back to the bol calculator and make sure a bol isn't two servings.
    EXERCISE: P90X stretch
    Jeans are feeling not quite as snug, LOVE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jumping on board!!

    Tuesday I did Week 1, Day 2 of my C25K training.

    Luckily, I am tracking my food on SparkPeople.com, so I can just copy & paste. :)

    Breakfast:

    Bagel, Kroger Plain w/ Philadelphia Cream Cheese

    Lunch:

    Weight Watchers Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara

    Dinner:

    Weight Watchers Smart Ones Chicken Parmesan

    Snacks:

    Salami sandwich with mustard

    Weight Watchers Smart Ones Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundae

    100 Calorie Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was a better day since the Buckeyes won last night!
    Workout - Turbofire HIIT 25 and Stretch 10; day 2 of one hundred push ups
    Pre workout snack - kiwi and half a banana
    Breakfast - protein fruit smoothie and part of Caroline's uneaten muffin
    Lunch - cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, half a pork chop and a pear...and a small helping of yummy rice pudding that my midwife gave me!
    Snack - whole grain tortillas and spinach artichoke dip...ok, maybe today wasn't as good as I thought!
    Dinner - 2 eggs, french fries, half a chicken/apple sausage and a bowl of fruit salad
    Erin PS-I did post my info for yesterday, but I may have put it on the wrong day. Did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday's info...
    workout-Fire 45
    pre workout snack-banana
    breakfast-homemade museli with walnuts and blueberries
    snack-cheese stick
    lunch-tuna salad, carrots, avacado, celery and a pear
    snack-popcorn, chocolate almond milk
    dinner-beef tacos and refried beans
    snack-a ginger ale and 1/2 cup of cheez-its
    Erin

    ReplyDelete