Tabs

Friday, January 21, 2011

Noodle Legs

Last night, I was too tired to post. How about that? Literally. I was falling asleep at my computer.

I had planned to take a ski lesson yesterday (my work at the ski school allows me a few free ski lessons each season), but I really wanted to do my TurboFire workout beforehand. I have a schedule to keep, people! Yes, that's true, but as weird as it sounds, I think I actually ski better when I have done some exercise prior to skiing anyway--it's like a good warmup.

So, I did the workout and headed to the mountain. The boys also had Learn to Ski with school the past two days and so this was a rare opportunity for me to stay until the end of a lesson--usually I have to leave at about 1pm to catch a shuttle back to my car and make it home in time to meet the boys after school.

Here's where I start talking in a whiny voice. I learned a lot at my lesson, but it was really, really hard. Like humbling hard, physically hard, mentally hard. Because really, in the end, I'm a lazy skiier and I like to just drift down the hill, but that doesn't make you better. Apparently sliding down the hill headfirst on your back makes you better. So I should be really good now.

The happy news is that I had a 1,000 calorie deficit yesterday and I'm down 2.6 pounds overall so far for the weight loss challenge I'm doing with friends.

I was crazy sore last night and stiff this morning, but I did drag my bod out of bed this morning and do Fire 45 EZ. Or something like that. And I did it all low impact. I might have slipped a few jumping jacks in there, but for the most part, my feet didn't leave the ground because I was afraid my legs would snap off at the knees.

Today is Friday, so I did some nutritional cheating which may or may not have involved cheese puffs. Yes, cheese puffs. I won't go into why they are in my house, but they are accompanied by Doritos and Swiss Rolls.

One week left in the challenge! Go get 'em, ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Today was my cheat day, too. No cheese puffs, but there was a good bit of Graeter's being consumed. Maybe I'll do cheese puffs next week.
    snack-chocolate almond milk, peanut butter
    workout-Fire EZ 55
    breakfast-3 gluten free banana pancakes with syrup, trail mix
    lunch-turkey roll ups
    snack-half a pear, apple
    dinner-Rotel chicken, peas, baked acorn squash, pineapple
    snack-Graeters!
    See you tomorrow!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/21/11
    Exercise: KenpoX "You can get all gooey and crotchety, OR..."
    bfast: 1 c. cereal, yogurt, 1 TBSP peanut butter
    Snack: dried blueberries, almonds
    Lunch: 1/2 Chipotle burrito bol
    Snack: veggie juice, pita crackers
    dinner: other half of bol

    ReplyDelete