Tabs

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Alive.

Today I feel human. So human in fact, that I worked out, ate well, and hopefully have seen the backside of this cold.

I'm desperately hoping no one else in the family gets it because it was pretty darn hideous.

So one thing I was kind of disappointed about, but it can't be helped because it just happens sometimes, is that now I'm off my TurboFire schedule. Sort of. I missed Tuesday's workout. Wednesday was a rest day. Today I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do. Go back and do Tuesday's workout? Do today's? Do both in one day? That didn't seem wise considering I'm still a little wheezy.

Anyway, I just did today's workout and I'll just make the other one up at one point, probably at the end. I just love looking at my workout calendar in WOWY and seeing all blue marks, which means I completed a scheduled workout. Geek. But I do love it.

Over the years, I've found that really, I do better with specific programs like P90X, TurboFire, Insanity, etc. and following a set schedule. In the summers and over Christmas, ahem, when I wasn't specifically scheduled for something, I floundered a little bit. OK, a lot.

My point here is that maybe, if you're struggling to keep up with your workouts somewhat, think about scheduling them online, in advance. The "experts" say if you schedule your workouts in advance, you're a zillion percent more likely to keep that appointment. Here are some points Chalene was making on the workout I was doing today:

-Schedule your workouts in advance (I use WOWY and pre-schedule whatever program I'm doing. The version of TurboFire I'm doing has me scheduled into May.)
-Treat your workouts like an appointment with yourself. Block out the time. If someone tries to schedule a meeting with you during your workout time, decline and suggest an alternative. When I was working in the corporate world, I had two successive jobs that were close to the same health club and for years I worked out at noon. Yeah, it was a little bit of a hassle to workout at noon--I had to shower and stuff before going back to work and then I had to eat lunch while I worked at my desk, but it was about the only time I could fit in workouts in those days.

Basically, figure out what your obstacles are and move around them. No excuses!

Today's workout: HIIT 15, Sculpt 30 (Ow. I haven't done resistance bands in ages.)

Food
Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology, almond milk (1.25 cups) = 215 calories
Lunch: Leftover lentil soup, salad w/greens, tomato, cucumber, red onion, low fat feta, egg, 1/2 tbl. olive oil = 495
Snack: Leftover fruitcake (I know...), milk = 369 calories
Dinner: Cooking Light's Pad Thai and spiced cucumber salad, two fortune cookies = 424 calories

Total calories: 1498

Calories burned as of 7:35pm MST: 1902

Very happy with the day. Yes, the fruitcake was not a necessity, but I was able to enjoy it and still stay well below my calorie intake AND I'll end up with well over a 500 calorie deficit. Which is very good news considering I feel like I lost most of the week to being sick.

Hope you all had a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, Nat!
    workout-HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30
    breakfast-crockpot risotto with walnuts and cranberries
    snack-cheese stick
    lunch-egg salad with spinach and tomato, kiwi
    snack-almond milk
    dinner-leftover stir fry, greek quinoa salad, 2 pieces of Marie's candy and a bowl of popcorn (but I did leave off the butter this time)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/14
    Exercise: Core Synergistics
    bfast: Eng muf with almond butter
    snack: zone bar
    lunch: gardenburger sandwich
    snack: popcorn, hot choc
    dinner: chic quesadilla
    Total cals: 1660

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nat! I didn't get this posted yesterday because I had a girl's night with Ashley, Laurie and Mandy. This is what I did on Friday...
    workout-HIIT 30
    breakfast-yogurt, cottage cheese, walnuts and cranberries
    lunch-leftover chicken stir fry
    snack-nut bar, almond milk
    dinner-soba noodle salad, potstickers
    snack-Graeter's ice cream!!!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1/15/11
    Exercise: stretch X
    bfast: eng muf with peanut butter
    snack: almonds, dried blueberries
    lunch: cheese on whole wheat crackers, yogurt
    dinner: pizza (one piece), salad, nephew's b-day cake

    ReplyDelete