Tabs

Monday, January 10, 2011

Achoo!

Week Two of our Healthy Habits Challenge and Day One of my 10 lbs. in 12 Weeks Challenge and...I'm sick. Boooo Hissss.

I could feel myself getting sick with a sore throat over the weekend and I thought, "I'm sick, but it's not that bad." Today, I actually feel bad.

That's the bad news. The other bad news is that I have eaten nothing but soup and crackers all day. Lots of crackers. Anything salty--I want it in my throat, like it's cauterizing it or something. I haven't tracked calories, but I think I'm OK. I also drank tons of tea and ate some raw honey. I'm a big believer in the curative powers of raw honey. And chicken soup, which I made for myself.

Famous last words.

The good news is that I did workout this morning and plan to again tomorrow, too. Usually, the "experts" say it's OK to workout when you're sick. Your body will tell you if it's not OK. I actually find that I feel better after exercise--like my sinuses open up from the effort. I did dial it back considerably. I did all of the moves low impact, including the fire drills. I still burned a decent amount of calories.

So pardon the short post (it's probably a relief), but I'm going to go do the wet socks treatment to myself and head to bed. I can barely hold my head up at this point.

Hope you all had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Monday, 1/10/11
    Bfast: 1 c. cereal, banana with 2 TBSP almond butter
    Snack: luna bar
    Lunch: Organic cream of mushroom soup
    Snack: 17 pretzels, 1/4 c. soy snack mix, diet hot choc
    Dinner: homemade pizza
    Total cals: around 1600, not sure how many the pizza was
    Exercise: P90X Core Synergistics

    ReplyDelete