Tabs

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Think I Need a Knee Replacement

Over the course of the last week, as I've been doing Week One of TurboFire, I've realized my knees are kidding me. This sometimes happens when I start back on a Chalene workout--she does a lot of lunges and kicks. Anyway, my knees are suffering and I felt like whining about it.

We also skiied in powder all day and that has put me totally over the edge.

Today I weighed in for the weight loss challenge I'm doing with some friends here--so I'm doing dual challenges now! I was very annoyed to discover that despite my attempts to maintain my slightly inflated post holiday weight for the weigh in, I was down two freaking pounds Darn it. Under any other circumstances, I would be doing back flips over losing 2 pounds in one week. That never happens to me. I even ate popcorn last night to see if I could be all bloated and water retain-y prior to weighing.

It didn't. And while I have 12 weeks to lose 10 lbs. or lose my $100, it's going to be really, really hard. Whiiiiine. Losing 10 lbs. now will actually take me 2 lbs. below my original goal weight. It's going to be really, really hard. Whiiiine.

Alas, I will suck it up and give it my very best. As the challenge officially begins tomorrow, I ate one last piece of Christmas cake (fruit cake soaked in whiskey) tonight and washed it down with a glass of milk.

And now, down to business.

I'm scared.

Today's workout:
-Core 20, Stretch 40. FYI: I have no core.
-Skiing. In powder. My knees...ohhhh, my knees...boooo hoooo....

Food
Breakfast: Two eggs, gluten free toast, grapefruit = 366.4

Lunch: 1 piece leftover pizza, 1/2 of a turkey rollup, baby carrots, hot chocolate = 536.3

Snack: Two cookies :) = 279.2

Dinner: Pot roast, mashed potatoes, corn

Snack: Fruit cake, milk = 438.6

Total calories = 2096.9 YIKES!

Calories burned: 2083. Hmmm, won't hit a 500 calorie deficit. I'll only end up with about 200.

My goals for this week:
1. Complete all scheduled TurboFire workouts
2. Maintain at least a 500 calorie deficit each day except Friday
3. Drink 64 oz. of water each day. This will be the hardest one....

Keep up the great work everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment