Tabs

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meltdown

You know how I said...wait, did I ever say this...that I eat clean six days a week and have one cheat day? Other people on my fitness thread use similar strategies. Some have one cheat treat during the week and one cheat meal. I usually don't feel the need for a cheat treat during the week.

And then today I melted down and ate...wait for it...those french fried onion thingies that you put on top of green bean casserole.

I'm not even sure why they were in my house. It's not like they're a basic food group I try to keep handy around here. And yet, I pulled open the cupboard door to look to see if I had any juice boxes to send with the kids for learn to ski day tomorrow.

No juice boxes, but there on the shelf were those onion thingies. And I stood there and ate them right out of the can. Declan joined me. And then I ate a little popcorn that is drizzled with chocolate. Sweet salty. Sweet salty. Love that. Why did I stop? Finn asked me if I was going to eat the rest of the container.

"Um, no, son, I am not." Ick. Nothing like being busted on a binge.

Workout: Rest day

Food (I haven't tracked calories)
Breakfast: two eggs, two pieces gluten free toast (only the heels were left and they looked small until I started eating and realized they were sizable heels so I didn't eat them all)

Snack: Blueberry Trio bar (which the little seeds of got all stuck in my teeth at work--I need to start carrying floss)

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Wolfed down at 2:45pm. Leftover porkchop, rice, squash.

Mad munching: onion things, popcorn

Dinner: Fettucine Alfredo Almost. It's really called that. It's a low cal version of the real deal. It's very more-ish.

Can anyone say "lack of vegetables" about my day???

Off to bed. Workout in the AM. Ski lesson planned for tomorrow. Traction planned for tomorrow night. Sounds exciting, I know.

4 comments:

  1. If Dave had been there, he would have happily joined you in your binge...actually, so would I! Just wait til you see what we had for dinner...
    snack-kiwi, half a banana
    workout-sculpt 30, 45 minutes of snow shoveling
    breakfast-rest of the banana, yogurt with cranberries and walnuts, peanut butter
    lunch-vegetable lasagna
    dinner-2 fried eggs, homemade hash browns, 2 pieces of thick sliced pepper bacon and toast...oh my
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those onion things are yummy!
    Exercise for 1/19: Stretch X, ahhhhhh...
    Bfast: banana with 2 TBSP peanut butter
    Snack: 1/4 c. dried blueberries, almonds
    Lunch: zone bar, one mini taco thingy and one bagel bite (at friend's house)
    Snack: 10 pita crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese
    Dinner: small bowl chicken gumbo, 1 piece bread with butter

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/20/11
    P90X Legs/Back
    Bfast: 1 c. cereal, banana w/Peanut butter
    Snack: popcorn
    Lunch: 2 peanut butter cookies
    Snack: yogurt
    Dinner: baked potato with ched. cheese, asparagus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't get this posted for yesterday (Thursday) because I went to bed so early!!
    snack-kiwi, chocolate almond milk
    breakfast-berry smoothie and dates
    snack-turkey slices
    lunch-turkey roll ups and pear
    snack-trail mix
    dinner-chili with FRITOS
    snack-clementine
    Have a good Friday!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete