Tabs

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Something You'll Never Hear Me Say

"I forgot to eat."

Truly, I never forget to eat. I totally don't get those people who say things like, "I got so busy I forgot to eat." My body would never let me forget to eat. I become some sort of raging lunatic when I go without food for more than 3 hours. Like a lock-up-your-small-children-because-I'm-going-to-gnaw-on-their-plump-little-appendages lunatic when I don't eat on a regular basis.

I should probably be checked for hypoglycemia or something, but I don't need yet another red flag on my health insurance, thankyouverymuch. The thyroid, the abnormal pap smear, the heart palpitations. I figure I can get traditional insurance again when I'm about 110.

Anyway, today I did intentionally NOT eat (something you know I would totally chastise you for). And, happy news, I did not eat any small children. But there was a method to my madness. First, I weighed myself this morning and I don't know if I was totally dehydrated or what, but I am now three, 3, THREE!, pounds from hitting my 10 lb. weight loss goal for the challenge and getting my $100 back! And I'm telling you now, I really need that $100 back because I ordered some shoes for an upcoming trip and it earned me a set of raised eyebrows from my other half.

Dang it. Who knew he was going to be working from home on the day the shoes were delivered?

Back to today. I drank a shake before we left for the hockey playoffs. Between games, as the host team, we put on a barbeque for all of the other teams. So that meant burgers and hot dogs (and I knew this would be the case because I was responsible for buying all of the food at Costco and did you know you can fit 500 hot dog/hamburger buns in one cart? A little factoid for future reference in case you need to know that.).

So, I had consumed a Shakeology. At the barbeque, I did have a serving of a casserole someone made with quinoa and gnocchi and veggies. Sounds weird, but it was really good. I also ate 3 tortilla chips.

Then I forgot we'd be going to the St. Baldrick's Day fundraiser, so we headed out yet again.

I did slug down another shake right before, no lie, heading back to the rink to watch another hockey game (to see who we will play Sunday morning). I threw baked potatoes and frozen mini meatloves in the oven before we left. They were very done by the time we got home. The boys ate those. I picked at one and ate half of a potato skin with a little butter on it.

I should calculate my calories, but alas, I will not.

Workouts:
1. HIIT 20
2. Cardio Party

I'll have a nice deficit today. Or I think I will anyway.

And now, I am going to bed even though it is currently only 9:21pm. Hockey in the AM and we lose an hour of sleep. I frequently think how good it is that I am not actually on the team because I can barely have the stamina to get through being a spectator.

I need to go to Spectator Training.

I hope the class is in Hawaii.

3 lbs. 3 lbs. I can do it. Going to see if I can go without popcorn for awhile to push me over the edge. I know I said that last week, too. I haven't eaten any yet this weekend even though I desperately want it.

But I also want to keep those shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, Allie gave me her stomach bug, so I might be down a few pounds, but I'll never know, b/c I gave up weighing myself for Lent. B/c I am crazy AND Catholic -- a scary combo, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Nat! Go get those 3 pounds!! I'm finally going to log my meals in again...
    Saturday-
    snack-kiwi, yogurt
    workout-Fire 45 EZ
    breakfast-green smoothie
    lunch-leftover coconut chicken
    snack-turkey and cheese slices
    dinner-chicken cesar salad, small bowl of chocolate ice cream
    Erin

    ReplyDelete