Tabs

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Scale Is Moving

Pardon that there was no post yesterday. I was still mentally at the spa.

Good news. My twice daily workouts this week have paid off. Nevermind that I'm exhausted and probably getting sick, the important thing is that I will weigh less.

I'm definitely losing inches. Pants that I wore during the summer of 2004, when Finn was first in treatment and I couldn't wear for six years, are now too big. Very exciting--and yet very sad at the same time. I love those pants and do not want to not wear them, if that makes sense.

So it will be interesting to see if the inches and scale continue to match up. I have 4 lbs. to go to my own personal goal, but I figure I need to go 2 lbs. below that to make sure I'm weight loss challenge-worthy.

It's going to be hard.

And for years, Eamonn has told me I can't have both worlds--weight loss and inches. He used to tell me to stop weighing myself and just go by inches lost. That is sound advice. However, I refuse to admit defeat and I'm going to continue my epic journey.

I have done really well hitting my 2400 calorie burn these past few days. Today, I'll be short because even though I worked out twice, I spent a chunk of time sitting in the car to and from hockey and then being still at a hockey game.

I haven't tracked calories because I haven't been on the computer all day.

Alas.

But the day looked like this...

Workout 1: HIIT 20, Sculpt 30
Workout 2: 60 min. walk

Disgusting that all of that doesn't get me to 2400, isn't it?

Food was sort of a series of snacks because we were en route somewhere.

B: Chocolate Shakeology, almond milk
Snack: Handful of homemade trail mix
Lunch: Cocoa cassava bar
Snack: 1/2 apple, 1 tbl. peanut butter, 1 cup grapes
Dinner: 1 oz. cheese (!), cornflakes, almond milk (!)
Snack: popcorn

Hmmm, a decided lack of vegetables.

Tomorrow I'm going to--no lie--a class called "Yoga for Still People." Make of that title what you will. I'm going to get my workout done early before the yoga and then we're allegedly skiing. Allegedly.

2 comments:

  1. Saturday (cheat day!):
    1 c. cereal
    protein shake
    1/2 banana with pb
    1/4 c. dried blueberries
    sm. cheese quesadilla with guac (all homemade)
    buffalo chicken wrap with french fries
    ice cream
    Exercise: hot yoga class

    Sunday
    pb toast, veggie juice
    healthly choice pumpkin ravoili with asparagus and squash (gross!)
    1/4 c. dried blueberries
    chicken breast with guac and potatoes
    exercise: p90x chest, shoulders, triceps

    Need to get back on the fruit/veggies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally posting my info...
    Sunday-
    rest day
    breakfast-spinach potato scramble, orange
    lunch-leftover spaghetti and meatballs
    snack-apple
    dinner-yummy salad and a chocolate milkshake (for family fun night!)
    Monday-
    snack-banana and peanut butter
    workout-Fire 30
    breakfast-lean green smoothie
    snack-multi grain tortillas
    lunch-tomato soup, grapes
    snack-kiwi, cottage cheese, carrot sticks
    dinner-Mexican pasta bake
    Have a good Tuesday!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete