Tabs

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ultimate Reset: Days 8 & 9 -- Busy!

Last day of school Wednesday = lack of time to post AND the need for careful eating planning!

Wednesday, Day 8 of Ultimate Reset, marked the first day of Week 2 as well. I have to say, the size of the meals was much more to my liking. Just fruit for breakfast, my favorite Ultimate Reset salad for lunch, and beans and rice with steamed veggies for dinner. Because I was going to be at Eamonn's bike race during dinner (and they were serving up some hamburgers and potato chips the whole night), I just steamed the veggies and threw them in with the beans and rice and all of the spices. It was really tasty.

Anyway, just an example of how I'm really trying to look ahead and make sure I go prepared with all of the correct supplements and food.

I had a huge revelation yesterday, which, because it was the last day of school, contained not one, but TWO ice cream parties, pizza, and then the trip to the hamburger ranch. As I was helping to set up the ice cream buffet at lunchtime, I realized I had absolutely no desire to eat the ice cream or any of the toppings provided which ranged from syrup to whipped cream to sprinkles and all sorts of candies and cookies. I felt zero need to pop M&Ms or Oreos into my mouth, and it was a beautiful thing. I nearly wept with happiness.

That feeling stuck with me at the second ice cream/pizza party.

Overall, I think this second phase is going to be more to my liking. Plus, I feel like I'm seeing/feeling some changes AND several people have commented on how I look. I love it! I'm so vain...

Although I will say that when today, Day 9, dawned, I didn't want the miso soup and smashed chick peas for breakfast. Frankly, these are normally foods I would love -- at lunch or dinner. But what I really wanted and was truly craving, was either the fruit plate, which is pretty much the breakfast staple this week, or Shakeology, which is allowed if you have the Tropical vegan version. I went with the Shakeology, and it really hit the spot.

Had my favorite salad and more beans and rice for lunch and I was so full that when dinner came around, I STILL wasn't hungry. It was a weird, large amount of food, and I will confess that I'm a little stymied about how eating that much at one sitting is OK! I calculated the calories and it was over 700! What the heck! I even went back to see if I'd misread the recipe and doubled it or something. Nope, it was correct. So here's where I had my first off-plan experience: I drank Tropical Shakeology again for dinner, which you're not supposed to do, but I couldn't stomach a full meal.

C'est la vie. I still feel like I'm detoxing.

I also noticed that I'm super tired today. Don't know if that's the detox again or if I just had a really long day yesterday.

With that said, I'm hitting the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment