Tabs

Monday, June 4, 2012

Ultimate Reset: Day 6 -- Great Day!

A lot of people doing the Ultimate Reset have talked about how they spent the first few days or the first whole week in a fog. I haven't felt like that at all. Until today, when I felt so great that I realized I really MIGHT have been in a fog and not realized it.

Truly, I think I've avoided most of the detox symptoms because I rarely drink anything with caffeine, and even though I ate s'mores over Memorial Day Weekend, I don't eat a lot of sugar. So I wondered if I was going to coast through this thing.

But here's the deal: I don't think anyone is going to coast through this! There will be something to challenge everyone. I think I felt foggy and grumpy up until today. Today I felt really productive and in a good mood, and that's when I realized I hadn't really been in a good mood for the past few days.

It's a good feeling.

Anyway, the food today was really good, for the most part. I'm still not sold on the tempeh 100%. I bought the 5-grain flavor, because that's what the store had. I heard there is a rice one that's really yummy. This is just kind of chunky and weird. I did really like it rolled up in the nori rolls.

I will tell you I was DREADING breakfast this morning -- baked tempeh (and it's for dinner tomorrow night -- something to get through. I won't sub out a meal because I want to use this stuff up. I won't buy this flavor again.). You marinate the tempeh in mix of Bragg's Liquid Aminos (which I've used for years), syrup, and apple cider vinegar before baking it. It wasn't awful, but it's just a flavor combo I dig at breakfast. It's more of a lunch thing for me. So maybe I'll like it better tomorrow.

I forgot to eat the toast I was supposed to have at breakfast, but it didn't matter -- I was full.

I haven't really been tracking calories. I did the first day or so, then I stopped. Today I tracked because I'm curious as to how many calories I'm eating. I think each day is about 1400 calories. Tomorrow I'm going to make an effort to really weigh and track stuff to see how close I'm coming to that number.

My weight has popped back and forth between the same 1.5 pounds up and down since Day 1. This is a little depressing to me because I have heard everyone else's amazing results and I was sure I could drop 10 lbs. So now I'm needing to re-evaluate and recommit because I don't want these 3 weeks to be in vain. I want to be sure I learn something from this in case I don't lose weight -- I don't want to be disappointed at the end. I'm trying to remind myself there are many benefits to be had that don't involve weight loss, that I'm already in the appropriate weight range for my height, blah blah blah. Just needing a MENTAL reset right now and having trouble doing it.

Day 7, end of first week tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment