Tabs

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ultimate Reset: Day 21 -- Last Day!

I know. What the heck. I haven't posted at all in this last week. It's summer. Kids are home. It has been crazy busy!

So I have to say, I'm super excited that today was the LAST DAY of Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I made it!

I did have some wobbles here and there and I discovered in this last week I had to add extra food nearly every day, but I'm pleased with how things turned out.

Tomorrow, I'll weigh and measure, but I don't think it's going to be a true representation because of an unfortunate PMS situation. I'm sorry to burden you with woman details, but there you have it.

A bit of exciting news: I don't have six-pack abs, but I do have two-pack abs, which is kind of fun to see actual ab muscles.

Summing up:
-I liked the Ultimate Reset. It was "hard" in the sense that I was touching and handling and cooking non-Reset food for my family, but I only slipped up a few times. Really, the Reset food isn't too far off from how I eat anyway.

-Don't cheat. I nibbled some chicken during the vegan week. And some eggs. But that was as bad as it got UNTIL...I was making a dessert for dinner at friends' last weekend (I took my own food!) and I ate one of the peanut butter bars. I was so mad at myself! I was so close to the end and to have a massive misstep like that! Really annoyed. And apparently that little misstep made my body mad, too. I spent a chunk of the evening in the bathroom with a digestive system that didn't know what the heck to do with that fat and sugar Ugh. Embarassing and awful. Thank goodness I was somewhere I could use the bathroom! TMI, I know, but you have been warned! To reiterate: don't cheat!

-Don't workout The booklet says no exercise other than light walking and stretching. I followed that the first few days. Then I got antsy. And for few days, I did some TurboJam and some walks That pretty much kicked my ass. Then I switched and did TurboFire's Stretch 40 nearly every day. That workout made me feel great. So stick with what the booklet says!

-Plan ahead. Cook ahead. I think I've said this in nearly every post, and it remains true. Cook big batches of rice and lentils. Double the batch of Lentil Lime Salad because you eat it two days in a row. Do what you can to make your life easier.

-Use the support groups on Facebook. Great place for questions. I had questions about using Shakeology and making substitutions and found answers there

-Substitutions. Use them and don't sweat it. I had so much Toasted Millet left, when a meal called for a grain, like quinoa, I just used the millet. I didn't want it to go to waste. Same thing with greens. If I had spinach and something called for collards, I used spinach.

-Eat it cold. I'm a big fan of raw eating anyway, but there were some of the soups and salads that they want you to heat or cook, and I just ate them cold. More nutrients! I never heated any of the soups except the miso. For the seawood salad, I soaked the hijiki and then just threw all of the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, subbing the yellow onion with green onion, and ate it cold. It was delicious!

-Take your food with you. I had fun going to friends' for dinner (except the tummy troubles) and just taking my own food. I explained what I was doing and that I'd be bringing my own food and no one cared. In fact, they were intrigued by Ultimate Reset.

That's all I can think of now. I am a little bummed out about the timing of my PMS, but it is what it is!

Now, as for how I'll eat over the next few weeks, my plan is to ease lean proteins back in. I'll be cautious. I have to fly on a plane tomorrow so I'm sticking close to Reset foods so I don't have some sort of abdominal meltdown on the plane!

But my goal is to eat as lean and raw for the remainder of the summer. I'm really craving Chocolate Shakeology and actually, Tropical Shakeology. I'll add those back in starting on Day Two off the program. I don't want to drink it and hop on the plane.

More details on Ultimate Reset later!

No comments:

Post a Comment