Tabs

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ultimate Reset: Day 7 -- Some Adjustments

Today I decided to make a few adjustments. First, the meals I've been eating seem so huge to me. It's way more food than I would normally eat in one sitting. Normally, I eat three meals and two or three snacks, and I'm always hungry for each one.

On Reset, you eat three meals and one afternoon snack, but that snack is optional and sometimes I want it and sometimes I don't. On the days I don't want it, it's usually because the noon meal has been so large, I'm not hungry. I don't like the feeling of not being hungry again for 4 - 5 hours. I like to eat every 3 hours or so. Otherwise, I just feel overfull and bogged down.

So today I tried a little experiment, and I like how it turned out.

First, I didn't eat the full portions in the Ultimate Reset menu/recipe book. For example, breakfast was supposed to be 1 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon ground flax seed, and 1/4 cup apple. For me, that's a huge bulk of food at once. So I knocked the oatmeal down to 3/4 cup and the yogurt down to 1/4 cup. After breakfast, I felt really good, like it was a normal amount of food for me.

Now, I will say that I did get hungry before lunch and my stomch was seriously growling. At that point, I went out for a walk. And here's the second change I made: I walked for about an hour versus the 20 minutes 2x a day the book recommends. I work a sedentary job, so the 20 minutes isn't cutting it, and it's tough for me to find time for two separate walks. So I'm going to go with what feels right and that's longer walks once a day. I didn't hoof it like I normally would, but I still felt like I got my blood moving.

At lunch, I did eat the recommended amounts. I'm OK with eating a lot of veggies -- they fill you up with their size and fiber, but you burn through them pretty quick. And happily, I was hungry for a snack around 4pm. Again, I didn't eat the full snack amount recommended. I chose fruit and yogurt and had 1 cup of berries and 1/2 cup yogurt instead of 3/4 cup. I was full on that.

At dinner, I ate the recommended amounts of the veggies and tempeh, but cut down the amount of rice. I still felt a little overfull after the fact.

So we'll see how that works. The scale didn't move again today and that bugged me. But week two starts tomorrow and that will mean a shift in food. More changes in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment