Tabs

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Watch Me Get Off Track...And Back On Again!

So this weekend is the perfect example of how things haven't gone as I planned.

At all.

I sit down once every week or 10 days to plan out menus and make a grocery list. This helps me stick to a budget and my healhier eating at the same time.

And I had this weekend all planned out. Or so I thought.

My older son is playing in a hockey tournament, and as terrible as this sounds, I didn't think the team would do as well as they have done because I figured we'd be home for dinner each night.

That plan went out the window--hence the hot dog for dinner last night.

Tonight, I'm not actually even eating dinner because I'm going to eat my popcorn if it kills me. I hope I don't choke on a kernal now that I said that.

Anyway, my point here is that the best laid plans go awry. Or, like me today, you take healthy food along with you and you don't necessarily eat it. Sometimes I'm good. Sometimes I'm not. I'm good more often than I'm not, and that's the important thing.

Today's workout: Missed it.

Food

Breakfast: Two eggs, gluten free toast (annnnd, two bites of cookie dough. Had to make cookies for the hospitality room at the tournament and I was so tired last night, I didn't do it. But apparently I wasn't too tired to blog last night.)

Snack: I think we should probably consider the cookie dough my snack

Lunch: In the hospitality room--Chili with cheese, 1/2 piece of pizza, grapes, carrots, 1/2 of someone else's cookie (that they made, not that they were eating!).

Snack: Cornbread w/milk and syrup

Dinner: None. I'm abstaining until popcorn.

Trust me when I tell you I don't eat this way on a daily basis. I'm realizing this is a terrible way to start this blog. And thank goodness I hadn't started a week ago on Friday when I went to SmashBurger. It would have been a bummer to confess that!

You'll start seeing some clean eating form me, I swear. But I definitely want you to see that I have feet of clay. The important thing is that I USED to eat like this more often than not. But I've learned I can have a bad day or two, or even go off the rails on vacation, and I can get back on and pull myself back together. That concept was a huge turning point for me.

Over the course of the next few weeks I'll talk more about how I eat and exercise to keep myself moving forward.

BodyBugg stats as of 6:06pm:
Calories burned = 1723. I won't be hitting my goal for today!
Steps = 5726
Activity = 35 minutes

Clearly, too much sitting in a hockey rink today.

For Meg: A word about the shakes. I have looked the world over for a whey protein shake. I researched different brands, I spent good money on them. Some were good. Some were just plain nasty. I feel like I drank a lot of whey protein frogs before I found the prince of shakes. I have been drinking Shakeology nearly every day for the last five months. Sometimes I use it as a meal replacement, sometimes I drink it as a snack. I love it. I buy it, of course, through BeachBody. It's got really great ingredients. It comes in two flavors--chocolate and greenberry. I mix it with almond milk and ice, sometimes adding other stuff, but you can do water, skim milk, different juices, etc. I surprise even myself that I can drink it nearly every day and not get sick of it. It must have been all those years of searching. I actually get a little case of the DTs when I skip it, which makes me wonder if there's something suspicious in it.

I'm kidding of course. It does contain an ingredient called camu camu which, when I had camu camu once like a tea at a party, everyone who drank it got all giddy and giggly. It was hilarious.

So anyway, I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment