Tabs

Sunday, November 21, 2010

And On the Seventh Day, She Rested

I hope that doesn't sound blasphemous.

Anyway, I try to follow a workout plan that has me exercising 5 to 6 days a week. I've definitely discovered that if I take two days off in a row (or more), I start to stiffen up and get sore from not working out, which sounds weird.

This is possibly because I'm getting old. I've also self-diagnosed myself with all sorts of muscle wasting diseases to explain this phenomenon and the fact that even when I lift weights, I never really get great big guns. Muscle wasting disease--I'm telling you.

I was determined to get back on track today, but I knew the hockey tournament would mess with that and also Sunday is always my rest day. Always. I rarely meet my calorie burn goal on a Sunday--and that's OK.

So, Sunday = Rest Day. Except when it's not. In fact, because my work on the mountain is starting this Wednesday, and will continue for every Wednesday until mid-April, I will be moving my rest day to Wednesday. Bummer.

But life will go on.

I'm very happy to say that I did actually get my act together today. We left the house at 6:45am for hockey--of course, we did--and got home just as a nice snowstorm was starting at 4pm.

Even though I ate eggs benedict for a meal that I guess was brunch, I ate clean the rest of the day and will actually hit my 500 calorie deficit goal for the day--thanks to a lot of walking.

Today's workout: Walking around the rink and going up and down the stairs; carrying Christmas decorations out of storage and up the steps

Food
Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology, almond milk

Snack: Banana

Lunch (brunch): Eggs benedict with salmon, roasted potatoes

Snack: 4 oz. of leftover chocolate milk, 1 medjool date

Dinner: Turkey burger (no bun), roasted red pepper, tomato, cottage cheese, pickles.

Total calories for the day: 1494

BodyBugg stats as of 7:30 p.m.:
Calories burned = 1840. I won't hit my daily goal of burning 2200 calories, but I'll still end up with a nice deficit because I ate carefully (for a change these last few days)

Steps = 7358

Activity = 55 minutes

A couple of things--I did eat my gigundo bowl of popcorn last night. Of course, I woke up this morning very thirsty...and bloated. But I still love it.

When you can't get a workout in, think about what else you can do to be active. I felt full after the eggs benedict so I walked the rink and did the stairs for as many times as I could squeeze in before I had to sit down and have a heart attack at the very intense hockey final (the boys won). And, have I ever told you how many calories you burn while cleaning the house? If you're a vigorous vacuumer, it can be like a workout and burn upwards of 300 calories and hour. Believe me, I've tested it.

Tomorrow's post: An explanation of the BodyBugg.

No comments:

Post a Comment