Tabs

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BodyBugg Q&A

A few quick answers to Jo's questions and then I'll be signing off until after the long weekend (no need to really log on and tell you about all of the food I plan to eat and thoroughly enjoy).

These are good questions. I should have thought of them...

1. Is the BodyBugg user friendly? Totally. I'm not very tech savvy either. I did run into a glitch setting it up, but 10 minutes on the phone with tech support and I was rolling.

2. Do you wear it ALL THE TIME? I can see wearing it most of the time but if you go out at night or to a party or something do you still wear it? Yes, I pretty much wear it all the time because I'm curious as to what calories I burn and when. I do take a day off on Sundays sometimes and I didn't wear it on vacation. And I didn't wear it to Eamonn's cousin's wedding. But for the most part, I wear it.

3. Do you think the digital display is something to get as well. Does it give you the same info you get from the online subscription? Do you need both or do you get the same info from both? It seems to me if you want to know *rightnow* what your stats are you should get the display, but if you can wait till you can get on the computer you get the same info- correct? I did get the digital display because I do like to know RIGHT NOW what I'm burning. You could get away with not having it and then you just wouldn't know your info until you sat down to sync it up in the evening. The online subscription is part of it. When I bought mine, I got the first 6 months of the online subscription free. Then I signed up for another year when the 6 months were up. I thought it was reasonable--about $79 for 12 months. That gives you access to one free coaching session with the BB people. They tell you about all of the features available, which was pretty cool.

4. Does this replace the heart rate monitor? Yes, it does replace the HR monitor. I no longer wear a HR monitor, which I think is actually good. The BB doesn't do heart rate--it bases your caloric burn on about 5 other things that are supposedly far more accurate. I used to be so wrapped up in my heart rate. Now I don't think about it.

OK, I'm about to fall asleep typing. I had a great day, but I'm too tired to write it all out. I crushed all of my goals on the BB today and did a cardio core workout this AM. Good eating. Good day all around.

Happy Thanksgiving--see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Natalie for all the information. I read the review you suggested and I ordered one:) I'm excited- I think its just what I need to lose this weight once and for all. Hopefully I will find out that I am just eating too much for my body and my fears that my metabolism is at a standstill won't be true. Yay! Can't wait to get all the feedback from this little device.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete