Tabs

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Blog. Exactly What I Have Time For.

Eamonn is reading this and hitting himself in the forehead. My work is busy, our lives are busy and yet, I am starting another blog.

What will you see here that's different from my other blog? I'll be focusing on fitness and nutrition--two things near and dear to my heart.

As I said on my other blog, finding the BeachBody DVDs and finding online support has really changed my life. I no longer feel like I have to fight with food, which sounds weird if you've never fought with food, I know.

I know not everyone wants to talk/read about diet and exercise, so that's why I started a separate blog. Here I'll be talking about what I've learned, what worked for me, and stuff I read about.

I'll also be posting what types of workouts I'm doing each day to keep my girlish figure, and what I'm eating.

Because truly, that's what weightloss (and maintenance comes down to)--calories in and calories out.

This blog is a little different in that because I am a "coach" (that just means a cheerleader really) with BeachBody, you'll see advertisements on this blog for the products that I like the best and use myself.

Yes, I sell this stuff now because I truly believe in it. That's really my only disclaimer.

You'll see the blog changing over the next few weeks. I'm trying to figure out how to do tabs and other stuff I've never done before. It's a work in progress. Like me.

So, I'm keeping this first post short and sweet. And official. Here's my check in--which I'm doing as much for myself, to hold myself accountable to reach my goals before my 25th high school reunion which may or may not be next summer. I'm getting ready just in case...

Today's workout: Kathy Smith's Timesaver Cardio Fatburner (hilarious that my first accountability wasn't even a BeachBody workout)

Nutrition:
Breakfast--1/4 cup mango
Snack--Chocolate Shakeology, 8 oz. almond milk
Lunch--Salad greens, 3.5 oz. tuna, 1/4 avocado, hard boiled egg, 6 kalamata olives, 1/4 yellow pepper, 1/4 cucumber, 1/4 cup celery, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, Bragg's Liquid Aminos...two squares dark chocolate...
Snack--banana with 2 tablespoons maple almond butter (holy cow, that stuff's good)
Dinner--two servings tofu stir fry

Total calories for the day: 1629

BodyBugg Stats as of 10pm MST:
Calories burned = 2126
Steps = 11,288
Activity = 1 hour, 25 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Great! Looking forward to reading this blog. Could you do a post about the BodyBugg? I have considered getting one but I know very little about them? Pros/Cons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Good for you. Congratulations on meeting your goals. I just recently got serious about loosing weight myself...so far so good...hope I can stay the course. I will follow along on this blog to get some more motivation.
    Can you talk more about the shakes that you drink? Can you drink them with reg skim milk?
    Meg

    ReplyDelete