Tabs

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Went. I Ate. I'm Back.

We went to visit my sister in Utah for Thanksgiving. I didn't write that before I left because I'm never sure if that's safe or not. My husband was here, but what if someone tried to break into the house and steal our 20 year old TV or something? That would be terrible. How would I workout?

Anyway, I had somewhat of a plan in place for Thanksgiving and I'll follow it again for Christmas because it seems to serve me pretty well. I didn't put any restrictions on myself for food. These are the holidays and for me, part of the holidays is enjoying the food without guilt. My sister and I did exercise each day and my calorie burn totals were good the whole time we were away.

I was reminded that I do need to continue to avoid gluten, where possible. The stuffing and leftover turkey sandwiches did cause me some, um, gastrointestinal distress. I know, I'm sorry, but it's the truth. And no, I don't have scientific evidence that it was the gluten, but if I think as to what was different while I was gone, gluten is a big, glaring difference. I don't eat much of it on a daily basis.

I wonder if I could make gluten free stuffing? I'll have to experiment at Christmas and report back. Remind me. Because I'm forgetful that way.

So I'll be continuing through the whole holiday season on this general trend--workouts every day, enjoying treats in moderation.

I will say that even though I enjoyed things in moderation, my system is a little out of whack just from eating heavier foods. My older son is having similar system issues. Low on the fruits and veggies and higher on the stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy will do that to a body apparently.

Completely changing subjects here, my friend, Marci, said she was looking for me on BeachBody and couldn't find me. I can't remember if I said this before, but BeachBody has an online workout site that you can use for free. They assign you a free coach (you can choose me :) ), but the nifty thing is that you can workout at the same time as someone else and see their picture online and what workout they're doing.

For example, my sister who lives in Utah and I "meet" online between 5:30 and 6:00am MST each day. I log in and it shows me who of my "buddies" is online and working out. It's pretty cool and I enjoy knowing that she's suffering at about the same time I am.

I like to suffer in good company.

Like I said, it's all free. If you want to do it and workout online at the same time we are (or not workout at the same time if you're in a different time zone!), do this:

1. Go to www.wowy.com
2. It will offer you a free coach. Click on "Get Your Free Coach Now." It will randomly assign you someone or you can choose me: CoachNatalie. That's my BeachBody screen name. I know--how creative. If you put in my coach name, something will pop up to give you the option that "Yes, I want Natalie Rooney to be my coach" and you can say yes because I am a Sooper Genius and you love me.
3. Then you'll have a BeachBody account and can log into all of their online tools. They do have a paid membership option for something like $14.95 per quarter and that gives you access to menu plans and stuff, but none of that is required. For me it's all about having that accountability and my sister saying, "Why weren't you online this morning????" And I can make up some excuse like the cat chewed through the computer cables or something. (We don't have a cat, but she seems to keep accepting this excuse)

If you do sign up under my name, the system will send me a note and I think I can then send you a workout invitation. Or you can send me one once you're signed up. And we can be workout buddies. It will be swell.

I like it when things are swell.

So how was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment