Tabs

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hotel Room Carpet

Despite eating at Smash Burger today--and loving it--I have to pat myself on the back for victories in other areas:

First, the boys and I were in Denver all day Monday and part of Tuesday. Got up early on Monday and did a workout. Yay!

Took the kids to Krispy Kreme. They ate doughnuts. I did not. Yay! (for me, anyway)

Ate the world's biggest and most expensive salad from Whole Foods for dinner last night. Yay! Sort of.

Got up this morning and did a workout in the hotel room. Yay!

Then it went downhill from here because we went to Smash Burger, but the good news is that they have added a "Small Smash" to their menu--a smaller burger! What does this mean? I can save calories there and eat more Haystack Onions! OK, maybe that's not a yay. So my meal was a Classic Small Smash, no cheese, no bun. Yum, I'm telling you. I'm still thinking about it 12 hours later. Sad.

Back to today's workout in the hotel. It was just me and the boys so I couldn't really leave them in the room and go to the fitness center. Besides, I wanted to do a DVD anyway. Our room had a little living area, so I did Core 20 and Lower 20 from TurboFire.

And then I realized I had to get down on the floor for parts of each workout. And I looked at the hotel carpet and threw up in my mouth a little. Ick.

And that's where Today's Tip of the Day comes in: Under no circumstances should any of your body parts touch hotel room carpet. Get a towel out of the bathroom before you proceed.

FYI: I also checked the bed for bed bugs. Didn't see any, but was sure things were crawling on me all night. Happy thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment