Tabs

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Groovy Music

Most of the music on my iPod is from the 80s or before. Sad, I know. But I confess, I love 80s music. And now that I think about it, there is a good bit of 90s music on there as well. But as for anything in the 21st century? Really not much.

So now I have children. Children who have iPods and friends who listen to music that sometimes makes me raise my eyebrows.

But look who's talking. How about some of the stuff we listened to growing up and never thought twice? "Mama's got a squeezebox, Daddy never sleeps at night?" What's that all about? And "gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight." Excuse me? I clearly remember belting out those lyrics when I was younger than Declan is now. Afternoon delight? I had no clue what that was until someone explained it to me. When I was about 32.

I've lived a sheltered life.

I had a point here. Ah, I know what it was.

My point was that lately, I've been downloading some music. I'm going to tell you what it is, but you can't laugh. One of my favorite new downloads is from...wait for it...the Disney TV movie, Lemonade Mouth.

Cannot believe I just confessed that. I will also admit that for several years now I've sometimes been seen trotting around the neighborhood and listening to High School Musical 2. I hope you still respect me.

In my defense, I have also downloaded some Bruno Mars, Pink, Jessie J, and some other stuff the boys wanted. I don't even know who they are, but I feel like I need to listen to them just in case they're learning about afternoon delight or something.

My point--finally--is that I love walking to music I really like, regardless of whether or not it makes me look like a huge geek. I like to bop along. Sometimes I play the air guitar, sing or even do a little dance step. If I think no one is looking. Then there was that time not too long ago I was singing and not realizing someone was running up behind me. Oh well.

Exercise doesn't have to be a hugely strenuous thing (although I'll do a post about intensity). Strap on your sneakers/tennis shoes/running shoes/trainers--whatever you call them in your corner of the planet--and get out there.

And do a little groovy step in my honor.

Checking in
I'm on target for this week except that we've been out and about so I haven't logged my food. And I notice it in the little nibbling I've done here and there. Those little nibbles add up, so take my advice. Log your food and be consistent about it.

In fact, that's my tip of the day. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment