Tabs

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Goals, Schmoals

I haven't done crap on my goal achievement this week, people.

Yes, I've worked out, but my eating has been marginal at best and I haven't been recording my food past about breakfast each day. And how about that goal to blog here 3 times a week? Not happening.

When does school start????? Two weeks? Two weeks = eternity in my world right now.

I'm just hanging on by a thread. I know I'll be sad (well, maybe not really sad, but just sort of sad in a "oh my word the fact that they're back at school means time is passing quickly and I'm getting old" type of sad. It's always all about me.) when they go back. Declan will start middle school and we'll enter a whole new era.

Blah blah blah, I know. Whatever.

I'm just sort of flapping along and trying to stay afloat until I can get my work finished during the day again. And then maybe go to bed before midnight.

So my goal report is really kind of lame. My goal for August should really just have been: not have a nervous breakdown. That was my goal for July and I achieved it, but just barely.

Anyway, my tip of the day: Don't have a nervous breakdown. I'd be sad if you did.

I do confess I'm also looking forward to September and starting a real workout schedule again. I will be setting some pretty aggressive fitness goals for myself this fall and I'm excited to get rolling on them.

Wake me up when September comes. Even though that's not how the song goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment