Tabs

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Inching Along

I'm still here! I'm still working out! I'm...something.

This school year I've had to get up even earlier to get my workouts in! Ugh! I know for me it's important to get up and get my workouts out of the way first thing in the morning, but this is beyond the pale, people! The 5:15am wake up call is really kicking my ass.

But, it is what it is. With Declan up at 6:30am for school now, it's just necessary. I am a little bummed right now because I wanted to do two programs simultaneously, TurboFire and Brazil Butt Lift (makes me laugh every time), but BBL is probably on hold until I get through September's crunch time for work.

So I did start TurboFire again and am on Day 8. I think. I love those workouts. If you've never done a Chalene Johnson workout, search her on YouTube or something. I find her so inspiring and the workouts are great.

And that would be my tip of the day. Which I think I've used before. Do what inspires you. For me, it's leaping around (not that I leap very high) to Chalene. It may be something different for you. But do try and push your boundaries a little. Step outside that comfort zone. I will say that on all of the high intensity interval training days, I'm WAY outside my comfort zone for a little while. But I do notice changes--things like definition in my calves that I've never seen before, some signs of abdominal muscles, a bump in my biceps. It's what keep sme going!

1 comment:

  1. I stepped outside my comfort zone on Wed and am still feeling it -- took a boot camp class at the gym and it kicked my bootie (ha, ha.) I loved it, can't wait to do it again. But, it made me realized that maybe I haven't been working out as hard as I need to be. Or that I'm getting old. Probably both.

    ReplyDelete