Tabs

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Smashburger Hangover

I swear, I'm still here. Just a lot of work and holiday stuff going on.

Last Friday was my cheat day. On Fridays I also weigh in. Before I cheat, of course.

Anyway, I was up two pounds from before Thanksgiving.

Angst.

Apparently it didn't affect my psyche too much though because I had to take my kids to a natural allergist in another town where there just happens to be a Smashburger.

I have decided that Smashburger is my current favorite way to cheat. I swear, I was practically wallowing in that burger. And the haystack onion rings. I'm nearly weeping thinking about it.

And then that night, I ate popcorn.

The next morning, I would testify in court that I was hungover.

Let that be a lesson to me. Or maybe an explanation instead, because it's not like I'm swearing off either Smashburger or popcorn. Heaven forbid.

So as we move on through the holiday season, the good news is that I've been sticking to my morning workouts. Today I skiied and worked out and burned a killer amount of calories, which is important if I keep hitting Smashburger.

I haven't been logging my food though. I haven't taken the time, and I'm OK with it. I know it's temporary. And I am having some sort of holiday treat each day. Yesterday I ate ice cream. Today I ate some toffee. But what is different from in years past, I won't eat myself into oblivion.

I'll definitely have work to do after New Year's. Just not as much as before, hopefully.

Between Christmas and New Year's I'll post more details about the challenge. I hope you'll take part because it's so much more fun to do stuff like this with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment