Tabs

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Birthday Present

Yesterday was my birthday. And I decided that my birthday present to myself was that I wouldn't track my calories, I would eat a piece of birthday cake, and I wouldn't blog. The cake turned out to be strawberry cheesecake, but whatever.

I didn't pig out all day or anything like that, but I just didn't take the time to sit down and figure out calorie totals. I did do a really good workout in the morning, one of my TurboJam favorites.

I can't remember exactly what I ate, but I ate well all day. I ate homemade lasagna for dinner and then had a reasonable piece of the cheesecake. I was really full afterwards. I have stayed out of the leftover cheesecake. Miracles do happen.

Today, I'm right back on track, which I'm pleased about.

My point here is this: enjoy special occasions. Don't try to put such restrictions on yourself that you can't enjoy things (on occasion and in moderation, of course!). It'll come back to bite you every time!

Get right back on track. That's important.

Today's information:
Workout: Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. Ouch.

Food
Breakfast: two egg omelette with spinach and mushrooms, hot chocolate
Lunch: Chocolate Shakeology, almond milk, 2 tbs. peanut butter, banana...1 cup stale, leftover popcorn?!
Snack: Bagel thin, neufchatel cream cheese, 1/2 apple
Dinner: salmon croquette, spaghetti squash with 1 tsp. butter, 1 tbsp. maple syrup

Total cals: 1559 (I think). My web browser crashed and ate my total and I'm too lazy to go back in and look.

BodyBugg stats as of 10:50pm MST:
Calories burned: 2074
Steps: 7169
Activity: 1 hour, 21 minutes

I actually suspect my calories were lower. I'm starving. I need to hit the hay before I eat something, but also because I feel like I'm getting a cold. Boo hiss.

FYI.
No one has commented that they are interested in some sort of fitness challenge after the holidays. This leads me to believe that:

1. No one is reading this blog
2. If you are reading, you are thin and don't need a challenge
3. You already own 4,032 workout DVDs and don't want anymore, even if they're free
4. You are too busy to reply

If it's 4, comment and let's do this thing.

2 comments:

  1. I had to go back & find out where you talked about a Fitness Challenge - I apparently was too busy to read the whole post! Count me in - I need some motivation to get out of my warm bed on cold days.

    Are you not doing raw milk anymore? It's only been almond or rice milk for me for about a year, although I still do cow's milk for what little cheese & occasional ice cream I consume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read always, but I also happen to be skinny.

    Postcard Cindy

    PS...Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete