Tabs

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Love Cookie Dough

I've finally figured out a way to keep from eating cookie dough: Gluten free.

Yes, gluten free cookie dough is nasty. Nasty, I tell you. Make some gluten free cookies and you won't be grazing on the dough, I promise you.

No one in the house has Celiac, that I'm aware of, but I do find my own digestive system works better when I reduce how much gluten I'm eating. Hence, my experimentation with gluten free cookies. When they're cooked, there is a slightly different texture to the cookie, but the boys and my husband eat them all the same. And I don't eat the dough during the baking process. It's a win-win.

However, I do not plan to make gluten free Christmas cookies. That's sacred, baby. And today the boys and I made some reindeer head cookies that were delish and yes, I did eat dough.

And I liked it.

Surprisingly, even with cookies and hot chocolate this afternoon, I still came in under calories.

I hope this is a sign of things to come this holiday season because I don't see me staying out of the dough.

Today's information
Workout: Jillians Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Burpees. Ugh.

Food
Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology, almond milk
Lunch: Amy's palak paneer entree
Snack: I'm taking a hit for 3 cookies in terms of the dough and one cookie and a few random M&Ms which were used to decorate the reindeer heads. I also drank hot chocolate.
Dinner: homemade bean and cheese burrito in whole wheat tortilla w/2 tbls. cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream; apple

Total calories: 1451

BodyBugg Stats as of 10pm MST
Calories burned: 2270
Steps: 9596
Activity: 1 hour, 34 minutes

I was at the ski school all day yesterday. I did sit down in good faith and attempt to log my food last night, but I couldn't remember what I ate. I know it wasn't horrible, but I couldn't remember what I ate for lunch. Still don't. How can that be?

I'm weighing in tomorrow. I can only imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment