Tabs

Monday, November 7, 2011

Best Laid Plans

Today I was all jazzed up to get my eating back on track. And I did. I love it when my eating and workouts sync up and I'm feeling all noble and smug. I can go for weeks and months staying on track and rocking it.

And then it's like I need a little break where I still workout, I just don't eat as well. I'm just coming out of a period like that so it was good to really eat well today and feel good about it.

This is what today looked like:
Workouts: HIIT 15, Tone 30

Breakfast: buckwheat groats, chia seeds, raisins, almond milk
Snack: Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, Craisins
Lunch: Shakeology, almond milk, almond butter
Snack: Apple, Nut-Thins
Dinner: Cooking Light Frittata, roasted potato wedges

Calories eaten: 1446 or maybe 1466. I can no longer remember.
Calories burned: 1672 as of 8:30pm. I won't get to a 500 calorie deficit--too much sitting today.

Here's the bummer. Tomorrow I have to go have about a 3cm patch of skin "excised" off my arm. Skin cancer, don't you know. It's a drag and I don't know how long I'll have to take off working out, but really, in the big picture of things, I need to let it go. It is what it is. I'm sure I'll be able to substitute in other types of workouts, but I probably won't be able to do TurboFire while the stitches are still in. I just had a small spot removed a few weeks ago (which is when I found out the spot was a melanoma) and the doc didn't want me throwing any TurboFire punches for a week. Again, trying to keep it in perspective.

And today's public service announcement: see your dermatologist once a year. I almost let this one get away from me and it was borderline very bad. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment