Tabs

Friday, June 3, 2011

Need to Get Serious

My 25th high school reunion is in approximately 6 weeks. Why couldn't the reunion have been about three weeks ago when I was at a great weight? Angst. I continue to flounder around. I need some sort of weight loss challenge to get my rear in gear.

What happened? My workouts have been great, but PMS came around and I always let myself indulge a little in the last day or so prior. But then, there was some sort of, um, delay and the PMS just kept going. Then we went to Erin's for Memorial Day and I'm telling you, people, that girl is the WORST influence! How is someone supposed to resist Chex Mix, Mochi (or whatever that Japanese ice cream in rice paper is called), popcorn,s'mores... See! Do you see what I'm up against?

Well, in all seriousness, it's my own lack of prior planning that has been doing me in. Work is busy. The end of school is madness. Blah blah blah. I just haven't planned and the results are showing. Last night I ate pizza and potato chips at the 5th grade party. Because I'm a sadist and because it was Friday, I hopped on the scale this morning. UP 6 POUNDS from a few weeks ago!

Now, Eamonn would say not to freak out. Sodium is everyone's enemy and it doesn't get much worst than pizza and potato chips. Except maybe for popcorn.

Combine the bad eating with the fact that I'm not even logging my bad eating and nothing good can come of it.

Anyway, tomorrow, I'll be back to business: keeping up with the workouts, planning meals, logging food, making better choices overall.

Because the 25th reunion is not a time to let things fall apart. I don't know when it is I can let things fall apart, but it sure as heck isn't now.

So, tomorrow--daily reports once again. And maybe for some incentive I'll tell Eamonn I would like to have a new pair of shoes if I get back to my goal. I'm sure that will go down well.

No comments:

Post a Comment