Tabs

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Well, Now What?

So I've had this goal/deadline in my head for over a year now--get to my goal weight for my 25th high school reunion this summer.

A few funny things happened on the way to the reunion.

First, I met my goal and went past it.

Then I set another goal in my head. And now I'm sort of sitting there. I've hovered really close to it for about two months now, but I'm not really putting in the Big Push that I know I need to do to wipe away those last 4.2 pounds that would put me at this next number.

The second thing that happened: the reunion was cancelled.

GAH!

I got an e-mail about it today. I immediately ate four chocolate chip cookies. Something tells me that won't help me get any closer to my mark, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

I have been kicking ass on my workouts, even with the kids home for the summer. I'm still not back to my super-early workout time, I think I'll be rallying here shortly (when I have PMS I get super tired and I'm just passing through that lovely phase). My eating has been lackluster though and that's what I need to ramp up to really succeed. I know this intellectually, but I definitely go in cycles where I can be super strict for awhile, but I also know when I need to lighten up so that I don't go nuts. That's where I am right now: in this nether world of about to clamp back down, but suddenly finding myself without my key motivation--the reunion--to push me through the homestretch.

If anyone has any big ideas, let me know. It has to come from within, I know, but if you've got any wise words or threats, now is the time to throw them at me!

On a more fun note, I got a SECOND pair of new workout shoes. Crazy! I know! It's all very exciting. My next post will be about the shoes because believe it or not, those new shoes are motivating me to hop out of bed and get to my workouts in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Reunion CANCELLED? Less than a month away? That's crazy! We're planning ours for October, so I still have time to get in gear... As you know, eating (food choices and/or portion control) is my achilles heel as well. I need to get into a regular exercise routine, and see if that will help the eating part.

    As for motivation...I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment. What will happen when you meet this next goal? How will things change? Is it worth the effort that it will take to achieve this goal?

    (we now return to our regularly scheduled comment...)I'm still thinking that maybe you need to change things up a little - focus on weights (which I think would change your measurements/body fat percentage), plan to run a 5K (or even a triathlon!), and see what happens. Maybe your motivation needs to be something that's not connected to the scale, and see what happens. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete