Tabs

Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Made it Through the Cleanse!

Isn't that a song by Barry Manilow? Just kidding.

I finished my Shakeology cleanse yesterday and weighed in this morning. I knew I felt pretty good, but I had this grand plan that I wouldn't eat one single thing that wasn't on the cleanse over the course of the 3 days. That, of course, is always the plan. But it's hard when I'm making dinner, touching all sorts of food that I'm not supposed to be eating.

This time though, I was a rock. Until last night. In the last hours of the cleanse, I ate a little biscuit. WTF? Totally annoyed with myself.

The first day of cleansing is hard. I'm usually hungry and going through withdrawl and also trying to break that habit of popping stuff in my mouth here and there. The second day I'm usually in good shape. I was actually traveling for work on the second day (Wednesday), but I stayed on track. I took my Shakeology and my shaker cup and just drank it in my car before my meeting. Then after my meeting, I went to Whole Foods and made my required salad for dinner.

Did great all day yesterday, but then there was the biscuit. Ah well, progress, not perfection. I keep telling myself that.

So overall, I lost 7 pounds on the cleanse. That's pretty exciting because that takes me to yet another record low weight--post-babily speaking that is. We're getting in the range of grad school era weight now. But the 7 pounds off is a little deceiving because I had eaten a bowl of popcorn the night before. Water retention anyone? So if I go from the weight I was when we got back from England, I'm down 3.5 lbs. Still very pleased with the results.

Here is the cleanse that I followed:

Pre-breakfast: a cup of green tea
Breakfast: Shakeology with water/ice only. May add 1/2 fruit if needed.
Snack: piece of fruit
Lunch: Shakeology with water/ice only. Follow with a cup of green tea.
Snack: Shakeology with water/ice only.
Dinner: salad greens with 3 servings of veggies, 2 Tbsp salad dressing, 4oz. white meat

Drink 2-4 liters of water per day.

The hardest part for me is drinking that much water a day. But I'm always bad at that.

I woke up this morning and had...Shakeology for breakfast. I usually only drink the chocolate, but this morning I had the Greenberry flavor with almond milk and half a banana.

I'm crazy that way.

Workout of Fire 30 and Upper 20 is already in the bag. Now I'm going to go to Costco and try not to eat any samples. Hopefully all of the sample people aren't out yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment