Tabs

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fun Fitness and Nutrition Website: Slimkicker.com

OK, so you know by now how overly competitive I am. Set anything up as a challenge, and I'm all over it. I'm mostly competitive with myself, but I have been known to over-celebrate when I crush my kids at board games or air hockey. And don't ask Eamonn about the enduring grudge over Trivial Pursuit. (Nancy Drew's hair was TITIAN, not blond!) But I digress.

Anyway, the developers of Slimkicker, e-mailed me ages ago and told me that the site was underdevelopment and would I be interested in taking a look at it when it was finished.

I said yes.

Flash forward to a few weeks ago when they e-mailed that the site was up and running.

It's really fun! You create a profile and can track all sorts of things like your exercise and your food intake, but you can also participate in challenges, which appeals to my overly competitive self.

Before I had my Bodybugg, I used MyFitnessPal to track my calories, but Slimkicker is pretty slick and cool looking (yes, I'm shallow and love things for their looks), and I dig those challenges.

Please note, while the site developers did ask me to check out the site, I'm not being paid to promote it or anything. I just think it's cool. I just joined the Mix it Up Challenge to try something new each day for seven days. On Sunday I'm starting a raw food detox/15 day raw eating challenge so there will be lots of new things on my horizon in the next two weeks!

Anyway, check out Slimkicker if you're so inclined. I'm on there as Roontoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment