Tabs

Monday, April 11, 2011

Post Challenge Status

So I'm suffering a tiny bit from that post-challenge lack of accountability. I haven't gaineds, but I haven't lost any either, and I did have a few indulgences last week. I'm trying to tell myself that's fine, there will be time to pick up and keep going after vacation. In fact, in my pre-trip frenzy, I completely skipped my workout yesterday. Haven't done that in ages. But it's OK. Big picture. Big picture.

In fact, I may not get workouts in today or tomorrow. The horror!

So I think I've talked about how the boys like to watch the Biggest Loser. They're pretty amazed by how big the people are on there because frankly, we don't really see many overweight people around here (which frankly, can produce a lot of pressure on me personally, because seriously, you're 10 lbs. overweight and you feel like a Biggest Loser contestant). I don't think everyone has eating disorders or anything, this area just attracts people who like the outdoors so they're really fit and strong.

Anyway, in recent episodes, one of the Biggest Loser contestants has been caught on camera binging in his room at night. One of the boys, I can't remember which one, asked us if we ever ate at night after they went to bed.

Hmmm, interesting question.

Eamonn 'fessed right up. "Totally. I'm really bad about eating chocolate chips at night." It's true. It's a longstanding vice of his.

I thought for a second. "Popcorn on Friday nights is really the only thing I eat at night after you go to bed." I have to be careful because when we watch a movie or a TV show at night, I love to munch popcorn. But I have to keep it to once a week or else.

I pondered all of this while I ate about a dozen cookies after everyone was in bed last Friday night. That happens about once a year, but I thought it was hilarious timing since they had just asked us that question.

I haven't admitted it to anyone yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment