Tabs

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

There's a Name for It! Flexitarian

For awhile now, people have been asking me how I eat. My answer: it depends.

Are you a vegetarian? Sometimes.
Are you vegan? Sometimes.
Do I eat raw? Sometimes.
Do you eat cooked food? Sometimes.
Do you eat meat? Sometimes.
Do you eat dairy? On occasion.
Do you eat gluten? As a general rule, no :)

But today Tony Horton (Mr. P90X) posted this to his blog/website. And I thought, "Eureka!" OK, s this word has been around for ages, I'm sure, but I guess I hadn't thought about it as it relates to me and being a "tarian" of some sort.

For years I've been fighting conflicting food feelings. In the spring, summer and early fall, I WANT to eat raw. I don't crave meet. I want greens, fruits, veggies. Fall rolls around and I want food cooked, warm, meaty, protein-y. It's OK! It's normal! In fact, eating based on what I crave -- what my body is telling me it NEEDS.

I dig it.

Check out Tony's post! What kind of "tarian" are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment